Sunday, March 13, 2011

Update and personal bios of our family

Heber: I am currently working at a digital agency called "Rain" in American Fork, UT (www.mediarain.com). There I create apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. I've really been enjoying it lately, and am grateful to have a good job in these times. In addition to my "day job", I also have also published a few iOS titles on my own (with my graphic-designin' buddy Lance). Our latest app, Puppet Pals, recently has been getting a lot of good press including a mention in the New York Times Technology column. We were contacted by researchers from the Children's Hospital in Boston who have been using Puppet Pals as a tool with developmentally challenged kids (mostly those with autism). We will soon be collaborating with them to try to create an app even more tailored to their specific needs. That being said, the job that I love the very most is that of husband and father. I love spending time with Jenni. We have been trading babysitting with Amber and Mitch for the past few months, so we get to go on dates more often than in the past - yeah! Mariah is a joy and I'm looking forward to our new baby boy (though I'm grateful that Mariah enjoys wrestling with me).Jenni: I am a Stay-at-Home Mom of Mariah (2 yrs old), and I have been cooking up our 2nd baby who will hopefully be born before the 22nd of March. He should be a boy! I am very grateful I can be home with Mariah and have the full-time job of raising her, although I am not going to lie--she can be handful! I try to improve my "wife-skills" by being a proud tight-wad, trying out new recipes (that aren't too weird for my family that likes normal foods), cleaning the house when I have energy (not much lately), and even putting on make-up (which is really hard for me). A few months ago, I began doing yoga regularly, and I thoroughly enjoy it. I also enjoy cardio classes at the local rec center, and hope to have an easier labor and delivery from working hard there throughout this pregnancy. My latest leisure activity has been "professional coloring". I decided I really enjoy it (even during church sometimes ; )--all in the name of keeping Mariah entertained. Heber and I are really in love-so much so that we wouldn't want to gag you with the details, but we'll just say we are the best things that ever happened to each other : ). I am very proud of Heber's work successes, and appreciate all he does to provide for our family. He is a super-star and is super-talented in his work! I am very grateful for the Lord and his bountiful blessings in our life. We have really been enjoying life and our many blessings lately! I love being a Sheffield and consider it an honor!Mariah: I have really come to enjoy the world revolving around me. My parents love me more than anyone else. I always know what I want and am not afraid to say it. Everything I like and see, is mine, thank you. I am very polite, and I know how to communicate very well for a 2 year old. I am exceptionally well at pushing my cousin, Kenzie's buttons, and I try to do that at each family get-together. But it is just because I love her so much, and she responds so actively to what I do. My mom always tells me I am heavy (32 pounds). I am proud of that. I love to have, "a book-a-read," or many each day, and that is really increasing my vocabulary. I know who Jesus is, and he loves me very much. I can pray all by myself, although sometimes my parents help me. I love singing and music, and I sing, "Hap-Birtday," to about anyone or "anything I like at the moment. My Dad has many great electronic devices, and I am becoming quite talented at using them when he lets me. I dread the day my baby brother comes and I lose the spotlight some, but at least I will have someone close to my age to play with.

Baby Boy:
Journal excerpts:
Day 253: Wow, it's dark in here. I wish Mom would at least turn on a light or something.
Day 258: Man, it really sounds like everyone's having a great time out there. I hope they haven't forgotten about me. I'm gonna give Mom a good kick so she remembers that I'm in here... now an elbow..
Day 264: Sheesh. This is the longest time out EVER.

2 comments:

DAD said...

Wow! What a great update Jen & Heb, Your family is so wonderful. Keep up the good work. I am so excited for our new little one. Dad

Anonymous said...

Great entry. I am so proud of Heber and his computer stuff and all that!!! That is impressive. I am glad I am related. I love Jen, you look so cute...and Mariah of course steals the show!!!! She is lucky to have you as parents...so is "what's his name?"?"? mom