Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Week in Illinois

This summer, I think I have been on vacation for a total of 3 full weeks! It has been crazy, tiring, but fun (other than the traveling part)! First of all, I took Mariah and a babysitter, Kylie, to Chicago for 4 days, and she watched Mariah while I went to a Pampered Chef Conference! Luckily, Kylie's sister lives in Chicago, so we had free lodging! Unfortunately, she lived in the suburbs, so I had to figure out the transit system and take it into downtown Chicago daily. Fortunately, I have feet and I just walked a lot when I wasn't brave enough to get on busses or trains! The flight over there and back was difficult for Mariah, who does not like to sit on laps and is very active, but we survived. Then, on Thursday, Heber flew out and we all drove to Nauvoo for the weekend. We had a ton of fun and really enjoyed ourselves. We went to Carthage, the temple, and saw all performances that were offered! We really enjoyed ourselves!



No comments: